A franchisor needs to have a comprehensive ‘franchisor’ business plan.
A franchisor business plan is different from a conventional business plan because there are a number of additional and unique elements associated with being a franchising company.
Think of the need to consider the following:
- Franchisee performance and its importance and potential contribution to the franchisor and franchise system performance, and potential scale efficiencies and value-add.
- Franchisee satisfaction and sentiment and how this can contribute to sustained franchise growth, innovation, adaptability and retention.
- Franchise recruitment and onboarding and how this is planned to assist unit growth and development.
- Systemwide change management, involving franchisees and how this must be planned and coordinated well in advance.
- The potential for a wall of franchise renewals or extensions and how this can impact other planning and considerations.
- Group marketing fund planning, management and reporting – including franchisee involvement.
A franchisor business is involved and complicated and the work is never totally done. For this reason a comprehensive franchisor business plan is important to ensure there are clear objectives, covering impactful and important areas unique to a franchise system, along with prioritised areas of focus.
Franchize Consultants, has for many years, provided serious franchising companies with a strong structure for planning their franchise systems on an ongoing basis.
- As a franchisor, do you complete a comprehensive franchisor business plan?
- Does the franchisor business plan address key franchising considerations, like franchisee performance and satisfaction, marketing, innovation and change management?
About the Franchising Best Practice 500 Series
This is part of a series of franchising best practices. Franchize Consultants is sharing and publishing these best practices weekly for the betterment of franchising. We know that better knowledge and execution of franchising best practices leads to bigger and more valuable franchisor and franchisee businesses.
We have assembled the first 40 best practices into The Best Practice Handbook, which is available for purchase.